Ans: Yes, he definitely can.
Ans: No, it is not necessary.
No. An attempt is counted only if a candidate has appeared in at least one paper in CS (P) Examination.
Ans: No, candidates have the option to write their answers either in English or in any one of the Eight schedule languages.
- The candidates, opting for Indian Language medium for the written part of the Civil Services (Main) Examination, may choose either the same Indian Language or English or Hindi as the medium for the interview.
- The candidates, opting to write the Civil Services (Main) Examination in English, may choose as the medium for interview either English or Hindi or any other Indian Language opted by them for the compulsory Indian Language Paper in the written part of the Civil Services (Main) Examination.
- However, the candidates, who are exempted from the compulsory Indian Language Paper, will have to choose either English or Hindi as medium of Interview of Personality Test.
Ans: Wherever two or more candidates have secured equal aggregate marks, the tie(s) is/are resolved in accordance with the principles approved by the Commission, viz.,
Civil Services (Main) Exam.
- Candidate securing more marks in the Compulsory Papers and the Personality Test put together is to be ranked higher;
- In case where the marks mentioned at (i) above are equal, the candidate senior in age is to be ranked higher; and
- In case where the (i) and (ii) above are same, then the candidate getting more marks in the compulsory papers is to be ranked higher.