Source: PIB, PTI, The Hindu, The Indian Express, DD News, Lok Sabha Channel, All India Radio
World Arthritis Day is observed on October 12, every year since 1996. The theme of the World Arthritis Day 2020 is “Time2Work”.
- World Arthritis Day is observed to raise awareness about Arthritis around the world.
- Arthritis is not a single disease but a collection of more than 100 differentconditions that affect the joints, tissuesaround joints, and other connective tissues. The conditions are usually associated with joint stiffness, pain, and inflammation and are more commonly seen in adults.
- Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints. It can affect one joint or multiple joints.
- There are more than 100 different types of arthritis, with different causes and treatment methods. Two of the most common types are osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- However, contrary to what most people believe, arthritis is not just a disease seen in the elderly. Some types of arthritis can affect you at any age, starting from childhood.